Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beards, Lucky Shirts, etc


Cole has one of the best playoff beards.

OK i think we can all agree that the main reason the Carolina Hurricanes won Game 7 in Boston the other night (currently listening to the "instant classic" replay on the radio right now) was because i was wearing my lucky Rosebuds t-shirt, which i also wore to games 4 and 6 of the NJ series, and game 4 of Round 2, but which was in the freaking laundry for Game 6 vs Boston (why didn't i just wear it dirty?). also, i watched in the same spot on the couch where i watched the 'Canes shock the Devils in Game 7. also i made sure not to wear black socks with the yellow lines on the toe, because then i'd be wearing Boston colors...it's a sickness!

what are everyone's superstitious insanities when it comes to "helping" their team win?

4 Comments:

Blogger lal:tree said...

Don't tell my boss, but I've been making a little tradition this postseason about reading Mike Manascalco's live chats on WRAL in the afternoons. The questions aren't all that insightful and neither are his comments, but now I guess I can't stop.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

i clearly need to develop some hockey superstitions...

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

YES how have you not already?
wait, maybe i'm the weird one
IMPOSSIBLE

4:54 PM  
Blogger wifi wizard said...

for baseball, I always wear my #13 Vizquel Cleveland Indians t-shirt and my Indians cap (backward).

I've yet to acquire a Red Wings jersey (though they kicked ass today without my help).

I'm rooting for the 'Canes...unless/until they have to play Detroit.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home