Saturday, December 26, 2009

Vic Chesnutt, 1964-2009


Terribly sad news on Christmas that Vic Chesnutt has died at 45. He leaves a unique and compelling body of work both solo albums and collaborations with others including our friends Lambchop. His album with Elf Power, Dark Developments, is one of my favorite things by both artists. Thinking today about everyone who knew Chesnutt and his music.

Kristin Hersh has set up a website where people can donate money to help Vic's family with expenses.

1 Comments:

Blogger daneolson1971 said...

Mac, thanks for acknowledging Vic's sad passing.
I've been a big fan of his since the late 80s when I . He was close friends with people in Omaha, where I was raised, and played there often (at the time, Omaha was not indie-friendly and touring acts were few and far between). I saw him numerous times in those early years, and loved his writing, his voice, and his personality. He was a close friend of my then-acquaintance, Alex McManus, who I'm sure you know from Lambchop. The last time I saw Vic was at a free show in Mission Dolores park (San Francisco) with Fugazi and Sleater-Kinney. I think this was 2001-01.
He was too young to cut his life and career so short. He'll be missed....and hopeully gets some posthumous love and long-deserved wider-respect....

-Dane

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home