Thursday, October 01, 2009

Booking It Again


more Our Noise-related events coming up this week, starting tomorrow night in lovely Asheville, NC at the bookstore that sounds like a comedy club, Malaprop's. FYI, the Barbara Kingsolver event in November has been moved to a high school auditorium, but tomorrow night we should all fit in the bookstore. good timing for a trip to Asheville as Richard Buckner is playing tomorrow night at the Grey Eagle! Seems like a perfect place to see some Buckner.

then on Monday i'll be in DC for the Future of Music Policy Summit, appearing on a panel in the AM, hopefully watching Al Franken's keynote speech after that, and then at 6 PM i'm doing a solo Our Noise in-store at Crooked Beat Records.


Thursday listening:

Pete Townshend - Scoop
Solomon Burke - Home In Your Heart
Times New Viking - Born Again Revisited
The National - Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers
Franklin Bruno - Local Currency - Solo 1992-1998
Yo La Tengo - Popular Songs

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyndra Holley said...

Oh Boy Mac, I hope this book tour makes to the Pacific North West

10:52 PM  
Blogger TexasLeaguer said...

I saw Buckner at The Garage in W-S last night... amazing as always. Safe travels...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bear said...

Where is a good place to start with Solomon Burke? Is there a certain album that's essential or should I go for greatest hits?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

This is completely off-topic, but since there seem to be quite a few music fans who appreciate hockey (or vice versa) who read this site, I wanted to let everybody (esp. Chicagoans) know about this contest!!

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=57384&navid=DL|CHI|home

Very sad that I will be out of town on those days.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Farmer, T. said...

Last night I was listening Sour Shores, as I've been doing almost everyday this year. When the bridge ('Oh yeah here's your ride') came in i thought:

"Oh man, I can imagine listening this and jumping with the crowd, singing this..."

BUT I live in Brazil, and I was too young when the Superchunk played in my hometown, São Paulo.
Oh Mac, will you guys ever play here again? Any of your two bands would be so awsome, but if you could make a double gig with both of them, it would be perfect! Be Still Please is in my top 5 (and I'm a huge fan of Beatles, Stones, people like this)
I'm in love with Portastatic.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home